Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Count Vowels and Consonants in BASIC

A simple program that wrote using Quick Basic to ask the user to give a string and then the program will count the number of consonants and vowels.

I am currently accepting programming work, IT projects, school and application development, programming projects, thesis and capstone projects, IT consulting work, computer tutorials, and web development work kindly contact me in the following email address for further details.  If you want to advertise on my website kindly contact me also in my email address also. Thank you.

My email address is the following jakerpomperada@gmail.com, jakerpomperada@aol.com, and jakerpomperada@yahoo.com.

My mobile number here in the Philippines is 09173084360.

My telephone number at home here in Bacolod City, Negros Occidental Philippines is  +63 (034) 4335675.

Here in Bacolod I also accepting computer repair, networking and Arduino Project development at a very affordable price.

My personal website is http://www.jakerpomperada.com



Sample Program Output


Program Listing

CLS
PRINT
PRINT "Count Vowels and Consonants in BASIC"
PRINT
PRINT "Written By Mr. Jake R. Pomperada"
PRINT
INPUT "Enter the string"; a$
b$ = LCASE$(a$)
FOR i = 1 TO LEN(b$)
    c$ = MID$(b$, i, 1)
    IF c$ = "a" OR c$ = "e" OR c$ = "i" OR c$ = "o" OR c$ = "u" THEN
        vowels = vowels + 1
    END IF
   ELSE
    consonants = consonants + 1
    END IF
NEXT i



PRINT
PRINT "DISPLAY RESULTS"
PRINT
PRINT "The number of consonants in the string is "; consonants
PRINT "The number of vowels in the string is "; vowels
END



No comments:

Post a Comment