Saturday, October 7, 2017

Count Vowels in Visual Basic

Hi there in this article I would like to share with you a sample program that I wrote using Microsoft Visual Basic 5 to ask the user to give a string or a sentence and then our program will count the number of vowels in the give string or sentence by our user. The code is very short and easy to understand. I hope you will learn from this one. Thank you.

I am currently accepting programming work kindly contact me in the following email address for further details. Thank you.

My email address are the following jakerpomperada@gmail.com and jakerpomperada@yahoo.com.

My mobile number here in the Philippines is 09173084360.





Sample Program Output


Program Listing


Const vowels = "aeiou"

Private Function Count_All_Vowels(strText As String) As Integer
    Dim i As Integer
    For i = 1 To Len(strText)
        If InStr(1, vowels, Mid$(strText, i, 1), vbTextCompare) Then
            Count_All_Vowels = Count_All_Vowels + 1
        End If
    Next i
End Function



Private Sub Command1_Click()
    Label2.Caption = "Total Number of Vowels is  " & Count_All_Vowels(LCase(Text1.Text)) & "."
End Sub

Private Sub Command2_Click()
Label2.Caption = ""
Text1.Text = ""
Text1.SetFocus
End Sub

Private Sub Command3_Click()
End
End Sub





No comments:

Post a Comment