Monday, December 15, 2014

Product Cost Information System in PHP and MySQL

Yesterday I have a chance to visit a bookstore here in the Philippines as I glance their collection of books. One of the book gets my attention the title is Teach Yourself SQL in 24 Hours I bought the book immediately and started reading it. I find out what are the proper ways of using SQL statements in developing a database application I also understand the concepts of database normalization, relational database concepts and correct practices in designing and developing database driven applications.

One of the interesting topic that I read is all about calculated fields in SQL as far I understand calculated fields is far more important in a sense we do most computation using the fields in our table. It is a good practice not to store computed values on a field because if we change the value in other field we must also update the compute values in other field. What a waste of time to us and also be create erroneous results in our computation during the process because we have fixed the value store in our tables in the database.

In this article I will show you how to create a Product Cost Information System using PHP and MySQL as my programming language to demonstrated how to use properly the calculated fields in SQL and also the use the SUM() function in SQL correctly. What the program will do is very simple it will populate the records from our table and then perform a series of computation using calculated fields in SQL that I declare in our program and then display the results in our webpage. The program code itself is very simple and easy to understand I also use Twitter Bootstrap to improve the appearance of our result in our webpage.

I hope you will find my work useful in your programming projects and applications that uses PHP and MySQL as your main developmental language.If you have some questions you can send me an email at jakerpomperada@yahoo.com and jakerpomperada@gmail.com. Be one of my friends in www.facebook my address is https://www.facebook.com/jake.pomperada

People here in the Philippines who wish to contact me can reach me at my mobile numbers 09173084360 and 09993969756. My telephone number at home is +63 (034) 4335675.

Thank you very much and Happy Programming.





Sample Output of Our Program



No comments:

Post a Comment