Thursday, October 12, 2017

Odd and Even Number Checker in ASP.NET

Hi there first of all thank you very much for visiting my website. I am very happy that the visitors of my website is growing everyday even though I did not earn any money from this endeavor but I would like to share my passion about programming.

In this article I would like to share with you a sample program that I wrote in Visual Basic NET and ASP.NET I called this program odd and even number checker in ASP.NET. Programming in ASP.NET is very new to me because I am a PHP developer for a long period of time. I find it very easy to create a web application using my existing knowledge in Visual Basic.

What does the program will do is to ask the user to give a number and then our program will determine and check if the given number is odd or even number. The code is very simple and easy to understand. I am using Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 as my working environment in writing this code. I hope you will like my work.

I am currently accepting programming work kindly contact me in the following email address for further details. Thank you.

My email address are the following jakerpomperada@gmail.com and jakerpomperada@yahoo.com.

My mobile number here in the Philippines is 09173084360.

My telephone number at home here in Bacolod City, Negros Occidental is (034) 4335675.







Sample Program Output


Program Listing

Default.aspx

<%@ Page Language="VB" AutoEventWireup="false" CodeFile="Default.aspx.vb" Inherits="_Default" %>

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
<head runat="server">
    <title>Odd and Even Number Checker in ASP.NET</title>
</head>
<style type="text/css">

body 
{
font-family:Arial;
background-color:lightgreen;
font-size:larger;
font-weight:bolder;
}

.blue_me 
{
font-family:Arial;
font-size:medium;
font-weight:bolder;
color:blue;
}

</style>

<body>
    <form id="form1" runat="server">
    <div>
    
        <br />
        Odd and Even Number Checker in ASP.NET</div>
<p class="blue_me">
    Created By Mr. Jake R. Pomperada, MAED-IT</p>
        Enter a number &nbsp;&nbsp;
        <asp:TextBox ID="TextBox1" runat="server" Font-Names="Arial" Font-Size="Medium"></asp:TextBox>
    <br />
    <br />
    <asp:Label ID="Label1" runat="server"></asp:Label>
    <p>
        <asp:Button ID="Button1" runat="server" Font-Bold="True" Font-Size="Medium" 
            Text="Check" 
            
           
            ToolTip="Click here to determine if the given number is an odd or even." />
            &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 
        <asp:Button ID="Button2" runat="server" Font-Bold="True" Font-Size="Medium" 
            Text="Clear" 
            ToolTip="Click here to clear the textbox and label." />
    </p>
    <p>
        &nbsp;</p>
    </form>

</body>
</html>


Default.aspx.vb


Partial Class _Default
    Inherits System.Web.UI.Page

    Function IsOdd(ByVal iNum As Integer) As Boolean
        IsOdd = ((iNum \ 2) * 2 <> iNum)
    End Function

    Protected Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click

        If TextBox1.Text = "" Then
            MsgBox("Cannot be empty")
            TextBox1.Text = ""
            Label1.Text = ""
            TextBox1.Focus()
            Exit Sub
        End If

        If IsOdd(Val(TextBox1.Text)) = True Then
            Label1.Text = "The given number " & TextBox1.Text & " is an ODD number."
        Else
            Label1.Text = "The given number " & TextBox1.Text & " is an EVEN number."
        End If

    End Sub

    Protected Sub Button2_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button2.Click
        Label1.Text = ""
        TextBox1.Text = ""
        TextBox1.Focus()
    End Sub
End Class






No comments:

Post a Comment