Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Word Counter in JavaScript

Here is a sample program that I wrote will count the number of words in a given sentence by our user using JavaScript as our programming language. The code is very simple and easy to understand I intended my work for beginners that are new in JavaScript programming.

If you like my work please send me an email at jakerpomperada@gmail.com and jakerpomperada@yahoo.com.

People here in the Philippines who wish to contract me through my mobile number can reach me in this number 09173084360.

Thank you very much and God Bless.





Program Listing

<html>
<title>Word Counter in Javascript</title>
<style>
body { 
  font-size:20px; 
  font-family:arial;
  color:blue;
  } 

input {
  display: table-cell;
}
   div.justified {
        display: flex;
        justify-content: center;
    }
</style>
<script language="JavaScript">
function count_words()
  {
  var words_count =document.getElementById("sentence").value.split(' ').length;;
  document.getElementById("word").value= words_count;
 }      
 
  
   function clear_me() {
    document.getElementById("sentence").value="";
document.getElementById("word").value="";
document.getElementById("sentence").focus();
}
  </script>
<body style='background-color:lightgreen'>
<div style='width:1100px;margin:auto'>
  <br> <h1 align="center">Words Counter in Javascript</h2>
  <div class="justified">
<textarea name="sentence"  id="sentence" cols="80" rows="5" autofocus></textarea>
<br /> </div>
 <br><center> <button onclick="count_words();" 
 title="Click here to find the number of words in a sentence.">
 Count Number of Words</button>
 <button onclick="clear_me();" title="Click here to clear text fields.">
Clear</button>  </center>
 <br> <br>
 <div class="justified"><label>  The number of words in a sentence is <input id="word"  size="5" readonly> . </label>   <br> </div>
  </body>
</html>


No comments:

Post a Comment